Food Sensitivities Relief
If you're experiencing chronic fatigue, headaches, migraines, insomnia, skin conditions, arthritis, fibromyalgia, IBS, or other chronic symptoms, testing for diet-induced inflammation may be right for you. The patented Mediator Release Test (MRT), developed by physicians, dietitians, and other practitioners, is the most reliable blood test for quantifying the inflammatory response you have to 170 foods and chemicals. This information allows us to implement the LEAP ImmunoCalm Diet, a curated meal plan with the specific foods that you are non-reactive to, effectively reducing systemic inflammation and providing relief of your chronic symptoms so you can finally get your life back!
What is MRT and LEAP?
- MRT, or mediator release testing, is a patented blood test (currently testing 170 foods and chemicals) that detects non-allergic, immune reactions to foods and chemicals which are the direct cause of food sensitivity and associated symptoms.
- These non-allergic, immune reactions occur via IgG, IgM, C3, C4, T-cell activation, phagocytosis, consumption of lectin- and histamine-containing foods, and more. MRT tests for all of these reactions.
- In your body, these immune reactions cause tissue inflammation, involuntary muscle contraction, mucus secretion, pain receptor activation, swelling, and more, ultimately exacerbating . . .
- Conditions like IBS, migraine, fibromyalgia, autism, eczema, hives, chronic fatigue, and arthritis and
- Symptoms like diarrhea, headache, excess mucus production, pain, malaise, fatigue, brain fog, and edema
- LEAP is a protocol used to dramatically reduce inflammation and the associated symptoms by strategically implementing foods into your diet that you are non-reactive to, according to your MRT. Once your symptoms have significantly improved, you will continue to add new foods so your diet can include the maximum amount of variety without causing inflammation and exacerbating your conditions and symptoms.
- Most people who follow the LEAP protocol as designed see 50-80% reduction in symptoms within the first 2 weeks and nearly full symptom elimination by 6 weeks.
To determine if MRT and LEAP is right for you, consider the below questions. If you answer yes to these questions, you are a great candidate and will most likely respond very well to the LEAP protocol.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms/conditions?:
- IBS-D, migraines, fibromyalgia, arthritis, skin issues, allergies, or fatigue
- Any other non-specific symptoms/conditions that haven't fully resolved with conventional treatment
- Are your symptoms chronic and frequent?
- Are your symptoms affecting your quality of life?
- Are you motivated to make dietary changes that will decrease your symptoms and improve your quality of life?
- The LEAP protocol requires at least 6 weeks of strict diet adherence to have long-lasting reduction in inflammation and your symptoms
How it works:
- We will have an initial consult to review your health history, including any diagnoses and symptoms; your current lifestyle, including diet, physical activity, medication use, stress, and daily routine; and your motivation and ability to adhere to the LEAP protocol to determine if MRT/LEAP will work for you.
- If we determine that MRT/LEAP is appropriate for you, I will mail you a test kit and help you find a local lab to get your blood drawn. I will review with you the instructions for the blood draw and shipment of the test kit to Oxford.
- We will schedule a follow-up appointment for around 2 weeks after. At this appointment, we will review your test results and choose which foods you want to include in your diet for the first phase. I will provide you with recipes, meal ideas, and healthy meal guidelines.
- In the remaining follow-up appointments, we will review your symptoms and continue to add more foods to your diet. We will also review guidelines for balanced meals to ensure you are getting adequate nutrition.